What?

Monday 22 February 2010

Of Late.



Okay so, first of all, Public security notice - R4ggs lost her phone on a bus. Again. No, I don't know where she is. Stop asking. Madrid, I think.

Lately I've been terrible at keeping up my new years resolution to be dull, stay in and draw comics. I noticed the Ambassador's Secretary taking photos in the Japanese Embassy Jiman reception, but I guess that comes with the diplomatic immunity. Suffice to say, I didn't take any- but the free wine was flowing and I was wearing the worlds worst skintight leather pants. So that was probably for the best.

I then headed out to the Phonogram Wake, which rolled on in tremendous style. I believe several people had to be carried home by their significant others. A quick recovery and i'm off to the Drop in and Draw event at the Notting Hill Arts Club with PhoenixBlue, again forgetting my camera. How JabberWorks does this stuff, I'll never know. I met her and Emma Vieceli (whose name I can now spell correctly on the first try) for way-too-much-sushi too, but more on that later.



I met up with Nana Li in Cambridge the other day to see the Sargent, Sickert & Spencer exhibition at the Fitzwilliam Museum. It's a good show, if a little on the small side- and with a somewhat tenuous link between the artists.
We also went Life Drawing, but I was wildly distracted by the Cambridge architecture dept's ceiling. That's going in a comic, for sure.



And Finally, Nick Abadzis is, as of Sat, a resident of Brooklyn NY! I dragged myself (all the way) over to Richmond to wave the good ship Abadzis on it's way. I met some of the old and new owners of TWAU and some very groovy Italian animators.



Right, I'm out. This week I will get some work done.
~John~

1 comments:

Emsie said...

About time you could spell my name...what's it been? 6 years? XD XD